Friday 21 March 2014

Out With The Old, In With The New!

New Toys for New Beginnings

So I decided to start the first day of Spring with a replacement of my power tools. They were basically from the 70's I believe so they needed an upgrade for both safety reasons and straight out ease of use.

 As you can probably tell by the photos below they were very old. But they mean the world to me.


My grandfather is the one who passed these down to me and I honor them for it. He could have given it to his son or even cousins, anyone at all really. But he chose me so that meant alot.


They have been very usefull thus far. The tools I believe are a 4-in-1 Black & Decker tool set from the 60's-70's era. They are incredibly well kept for their age and still work nicely. Alas, there are many security features that have been improved upon since then and it's starting to show its age quite a bit. My other main issue was that the circular saw blade was only I think a 4 1/2" blade meaning it couldn't go through a 2x4 on one cut, and had to turn the wood over to finish the cut or use a handsaw which was a pain.


But here we are in the present day and I could not be happier with my new tools! They look great, sound great and feel great in comparison to my old ones. These tools were all sold in one pack and have served me well since yesterday even.
 

We have the circular saw with a 5 1/2 blade (finally enough to cut 2x4's lol), a power drill...


...a multi-tool that includes 2 Flush blades, sanding attachement and saw attachement. As well as 2 Lithium Ion batteries that hold a charge very well I find and the fact they are cordless tools is a major bonus!


Showing here how they all fit very nicely into the duffel bag that came with it. Room for everything! Even some extra clamps and measures I had lying around!

I couldn't ask for more. This was a great buy and is the beginning building block of all future projects to come and will make it much easier and safer to do!

The old jigsaw might still come in handy though.

No comments:

Post a Comment